Urbane Inquiry presents…
Jackie Villevoye of Jupe by Jackie
Jackie Villevoye is the creative mind behind Jupe by Jackie, a medley of hand embroidered and intricately designed bowties and ties. With strong lines and a dapper eye for construction, the designer crafts ties that have become wardrobe staples for the likes of Urbane favorites Sam Lambert and Angelo Flaccavento.
But Jackie’s own personal style is a menswear inspiration in itself. Her sophisticated, classic style is woven into her women’s collection, filled with delicate Peter Pan collars and an array of dresses we are both currently lusting over.
Starting off the return of our interview series, Urbane Inquiry, Jackie tells us about her love for India, hand stitched bowties and women in menswear.
How did your time in India influence your line?
India is inspiring for its colours, but moreover, the smiles on peoples faces and their friendships strikes me each time I am there.
How does your interest in menswear come through in your personal style?
Most of the time, especially at shows, I am wearing a navy blazer and dark grey pants (in combination with one of my ties or bow ties).
Could you explain the process of making your bow ties?
It starts with just fabric and embroidery; only after finishing the embroidery, they start cutting and stitching (mostly by hand) to assemble the piece.
What’s your styling aesthetic for your line?
I love borders and lines (architecture) for the ties, and intricate patterns for the bow ties.
What can we expect from your upcoming collection?
Still inside the head..
What advice would you give to women wanting to explore men’s fashion?
If you are wearing pants with jackets, do not put on your high heels!!!!
What did you wear today?
Today I am sitting in my office with the snow outside, so a nice and warm thick knitted sweater
- addperfection reblogged this from urbanemenswear
- 8-words reblogged this from urbanemenswear
- deadhandsdown reblogged this from urbanemenswear
- deadhandsdown likes this
- tsavage12 likes this
- marcus-dot-com likes this
- marcus-dot-com reblogged this from urbanemenswear
- maravillosomaravilloso reblogged this from todaystie
- theshortlifeof reblogged this from urbanemenswear
- curiousgentleman likes this
- mrwcase likes this
- myfirstpairofshoes reblogged this from todaystie
- nizami80 reblogged this from urbanemenswear
- jaminandrew likes this
- blkbeat reblogged this from todaystie
- blkbeat likes this
- canedoloves reblogged this from todaystie
- visitlucas likes this
- fabulousfurfrou likes this
- marcowunderlichh likes this
- rick55 likes this
- marloncrutons likes this
- adrikfe likes this
- diary-of-design likes this
- barbonator likes this
- desconocidosplaceres likes this
- followheartlines reblogged this from todaystie
- ejkin likes this
- sirmanfred reblogged this from todaystie
- castleabove reblogged this from todaystie
- paabel reblogged this from todaystie
- ckammi likes this
- menpopetpaysages likes this
- pretentiousclass reblogged this from hamdaaanbs
- hamdaaanbs reblogged this from todaystie
- tristanmeans likes this
- cthulhutheater likes this
- lushlight likes this
- todaystie reblogged this from fashion4addict
- hopefullyme likes this
- littlepeapods likes this
- gniretiolife likes this
- mozolev likes this
- hernanpaganini likes this
- somewherewhere likes this
- ivydenim reblogged this from urbanemenswear
- freeparking420 likes this
- rivereverywhere reblogged this from urbanemenswear
- we-ston-ed likes this